Preventive Dentistry Can Help You Avoid Dental Complications
Preventive dentistry is essential for keeping your oral health strong as these services not only help patients reduce their risk of developing a host of dental problems, they also help foster good oral hygiene habits in the short and long term. At Toothology in Toronto, we provide thorough examinations, diagnostic imaging, professional cleanings, and more to help keep your smile healthy for life!
What are common preventive dentistry services?
- Oral Exams: During an oral exam, our dental professionals will look for signs of cavities, gum disease, and other oral issues.
- Professional Cleanings: Regular professional cleanings are essential for maintaining good oral health. These services remove plaque buildup that can lead to tooth decay and other dental problems.
- Sealants: Sealants are thin, clear plastic coatings that are applied to the surfaces of the teeth. They help prevent bacteria from getting into the crevices and cracks of your teeth, helping to ward off cavities.
- Fluoride Applications: Fluoride helps strengthen tooth enamel and reduces a patient’s risk of cavities.
- X-Rays: Diagnostic imaging, such as dental x-rays, can help dentists detect problems that may not be visible during an exam.
- Oral Cancer Screenings: Regular oral cancer screenings are important for detecting early signs of the disease. These screenings are typically performed during a checkup and cleaning appointment.
Has it been more than six months since your last dental appointment? Contact Toothology today to learn more about our preventive dentistry services. Our friendly team will be happy to answer any questions you may have!
Contact Toothology About Preventive Dentistry Today
- Curtail serious dental problems with early detection
- Avoid tooth decay and gum disease
- Eliminate plaque buildup
- Learn how to protect & strengthen your oral health
- Have a lasting smile!