Nitrous Oxide (Laughing Gas) For A Comfortable Dental Visit
Nitrous oxide, also known as laughing gas, is a safe and effective sedative that can be used during dental procedures at Toothology in Toronto. It has a calming effect that helps patients remain relaxed during treatment, enabling them to receive the care they need to keep their smile strong.
How does nitrous oxide work?
When inhaled through a mask that’s placed over the nose, nitrous oxide induces a state of relaxation while maintaining consciousness. The patient remains aware and can respond to our dentist's requests. Once the procedure is complete, any lingering effects of the gas wear off quickly and patients can return to their normal activities.
What are the benefits of nitrous oxide?
Nitrous oxide provides several benefits, including:
- Reduced anxiety: Patients will be more relaxed and less likely to experience fear or discomfort
- Remain lucid: Patients remain awake and are able to respond to our dentist
- Few side effects: After the procedure, any lingering effects of nitrous oxide wear off quickly with no long-lasting side effects.
Who should consider nitrous oxide sedation?
Nitrous oxide is suitable for both children and adults, including patients who have extreme dental anxiety or special needs. Our dentist can determine if nitrous oxide is the right solution for you or your child before treatment begins.
Contact Toothology today to learn more about nitrous oxide and how it can help you or your family member have a more comfortable experience during dental procedures. Our friendly staff will be happy to answer any questions you may have!
Contact Toothology About Nitrous Oxide Today
- Reduce dental anxiety
- Stay relaxed during treatment
- Experience a safe & effective sedation option
- Have multiple treatments performed at once if needed
- Prioritize your smile!